Books
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reading, writing, poetry, movie watching on anything!!

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Great idea!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Alexontheweb
Alexontheweb

Male
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Great idea! Empty
PostSubject: Great idea!   Great idea! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 6:22 pm

Hello dere fellas Razz

Well, i've been thinking about creating a Book related website for many many years now, but since im too lazy i never actually made one, well except my personal website with some cool book reviews there Razz. So i admit, great idea, but, no idea why, but there is always a "BUT" you have to make some changes, ahh and im talking about cisual changes, such as:
the LOGO is too big, it's HUGEEEE, make it a bit smaller and it'll be cool, also you might want to change the template of the forum and make it more colorfull or at least less DARK than it is now, it'll go good with the colorfull logo you got there ladies. Pleaseeee change the font color and the background color, i can barely see what im typing right now.
Yet overall, great idea, good luck to you, and i'll try to help (being a bookworm i am) as much as i can, if you want my help that is.

Ahhh and before i forget, CONGRATS on the new Forum, so long and thanks for all the fish.

Sincerely,

Alex
Back to top Go down
Dark Angel
Admin
Dark Angel

Female
Number of posts : 206
Job/hobbies : Reading and Writing
Humor : Heck I don't even know what this means
Registration date : 2008-04-19

Character sheet
The Dark:
The Light:

Great idea! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great idea!   Great idea! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 7:29 am

Thanks so much for the adive that is really helpful...I'll see what i can do about it...I do beleve that you are right about the font it is hard to read...I will take all advice I can get. As for the logo, I can't get it any smaller so i've been looking for one to put in it's place but I can't find one....so if you find a cool books related picture u can give me the link and i'll put it up...thanks so much!!!
Back to top Go down
https://ilovebooks.aforumfree.com
Dark Angel
Admin
Dark Angel

Female

Character sheet
The Dark:
The Light:

Great idea! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great idea!   Great idea! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 7:45 am

Ok so I liked work on this for hours. Is this any better??? Feel free to say exactly what is one ur minds.....i want to hear what u all think... I'm a little annoyed with the lime green but I can't get fid of it!! scratch And I am working on the logo!!! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Alexontheweb
Alexontheweb

Male

Great idea! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great idea!   Great idea! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 1:39 pm

Much Better! I can even see all i type, YEY it's a miracleXD, now really, looks much better.
I agree regarding the lime green (but it might be OK).

More suggestions:
1.You might want to move the chatbox to the bottom of the page, it's a bit annoying when it is the first thing you see when loading the site (i mean blank chatbox).
2. How bout changing the menu buttons? Now when you changed the overall look of the forum, the buttons look a bit unrelated:P.

to be continued...
Back to top Go down
Dark Angel
Admin
Dark Angel

Female

Character sheet
The Dark:
The Light:

Great idea! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great idea!   Great idea! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 2:08 pm

Ok I'll see what I can do about that...i'm not so sure how to change the buttons that might take me awhile but as for the chatbox I can fix that now....
Back to top Go down
Alexontheweb
Alexontheweb

Male

Great idea! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great idea!   Great idea! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 3:53 pm

Goody goody, now i can help you with the buttons design Razz, i'll send you some samples later on and you tell me if you liked them XD
And how bout adding a new Category in the Forum, called "Book reviews" - where ppl can review books they liked?
Back to top Go down
Alexontheweb
Alexontheweb

Male

Great idea! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great idea!   Great idea! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 4:12 pm

Great idea! Button11
Great idea! Button12

Here are two button samples!
* I am considering making them smaller and with bluish backround of course lol.
Here's another one.

Great idea! Coolte10
Back to top Go down
Dark Angel
Admin
Dark Angel

Female

Character sheet
The Dark:
The Light:

Great idea! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great idea!   Great idea! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 6:44 am

Awesome that looks great!!! And I'll see about adding that category....... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Great idea! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great idea!   Great idea! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Great idea!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Books :: Feedback-
Jump to: