Books
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reading, writing, poetry, movie watching on anything!!

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Epic movie (2007) - review

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Alexontheweb
Alexontheweb

Male
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Epic movie (2007) - review Empty
PostSubject: Epic movie (2007) - review   Epic movie (2007) - review I_icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 6:23 pm

Somewhat decided that "Epic Movie" should be my first movie review in this forum, no idea why, probably because i've seen it only yesterday.

I shall begin with a lil bit info on the movie:

Epic movie (2007) - review Epicmo10

Epic Movie is a 2007 American comedy film directed and written by Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer. It was produced by Paul Schiff. It was made in a similar style to Date Movie and the Scary Movie series. The film mostly parodies The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

Directed by
Jason Friedberg
Aaron Seltzer
Produced by
Paul Schiff
Written by
Jason Friedberg
Aaron Seltzer
Starring
Kal Penn
Jennifer Coolidge
Adam Campbell
Faune A. Chambers
Darrell Hammond
Jayma Mays
Fred Willard
Tim Lockwood
David Lehre
Distributed by
Regency
Release date(s) January 26, 2007
Running time 89 minutes
Country USA
Language English
Budget $20 million

My opinion:

Well even though i loled throughout the whole movie i can not say it's a good one, it's basically the same as Date Movie, Scary Movie and Meet the Spartans with some up to date movie parodies, such as Borat, X men, Chronicles of Narnia, Harry Potter, Nacho man, The Da Vinci Code, Snakes on the plane, Mission impossible, Harold and Kumar, Tokyo Drift, Pirates of the Carribean and much more.
Most of the jokes were lame, some were so dumb that the dumbness of the joke made me laugh my ass off. The movie is definitely watchable, but nothing you will remember after a few days, i forgot half the movie before it even ended. Though this may be a great choice of movie to see with some buddies, drinking beer, having a laugh. Two parodies i realy liked are Captain Jack Swallows (Jack Sparrow from pirates of the carribean) and Borat (who wouldn't, he's too stupid not to like him Razz).
With a budget of 20 mills, hell, where did all that money go? You can make a blast of a movie with this money, such a shame, well no use crying about this now.
Would not recommend buying the DVD, but you might want toconsider downloading it from the net (while it still fresh) for the LULZ
Some of my friends keep telling me it's a great movie, so maybe im wrong and it's a matter of taste, anyways i thought the Scary Movie trilogy (or was it quadrilogy) was way funnier and had better production.

4\10
Back to top Go down
Dark Angel
Admin
Dark Angel

Female
Number of posts : 206
Job/hobbies : Reading and Writing
Humor : Heck I don't even know what this means
Registration date : 2008-04-19

Character sheet
The Dark:
The Light:

Epic movie (2007) - review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic movie (2007) - review   Epic movie (2007) - review I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 2:16 am

Yea I remember seeing commercials for that and thought it sounded funny but then I heard that is was really bad and so I never ended up watching it. And now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever seen any movies that were based of another like a spoof.....although I do think that one about the spoof on Spiderman looks funny. Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://ilovebooks.aforumfree.com

Epic movie (2007) - review
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Books :: Movies-
Jump to: